Full disclosure, this recipe is not Keto or Trim Healthy Mama friendly ~ at all! It's a full on sugar laden, full of flour waffle that is in no way good for you but man if you're gonna make waffles, you've gotta make these. It took me combining different recipes to come up with this but it's soooo good. Side note, if your waffle recipe doesn't call for whipped egg whites, you're just making waffle shaped pancakes. ;) I double this recipe which makes about 15 - 20 waffles.
2 cups of Flour
4 tsp. Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
1/4 cup of Sugar (if you like it sweet)
1/2 cup of butter (melted)
2 cups of Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs (separated)
* Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
* In a different bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
* In another bowl mix together the egg yolks, milk, and vanilla.
* Add the egg yolk mix to the dry ingredients and stir together then add in the melted butter & stir.
* Fold in the egg whites.
* Heat up the waffle iron and spray with coconut oil cooking spray if needed.
* Spoon batter into the waffle iron (in the middle) and close.
* Cook until there's no more steam.
* Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, fruit and we love this English Cream Sauce.
I lost 60lbs in a year doing THM! Grab my free guide My Top 5 Tips for Rocking the Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle!
This post may contain affiliate links.