I almost didn't even post this recipe because I mean, it's scrambled eggs ya know? But it's soooo delicious that I decided to get over myself and share it anyway. Let me know if you try it!
2 Whole Eggs
Handful of Mushrooms
Handful of Cherry tomatoes
1/2 small Zucchini
2-3 strips of bacon
Himalayan Sea Salt
1 clove of Garlic
* Fry up the bacon and then remove from the pan.
* Dice up the garlic and add the diced mushrooms, chopped zucchini, and garlic to the pan (with the bacon grease) and fry for a few minutes to soften the zucchini.
* Whisk the eggs in a bowl and sprinkle with salt & pepper then add to the pan with the veggies.
* Once the eggs are cooked add the chopped up tomatoes and chopped up bacon.
I know what you're probably thinking...lemon mousse soufflé? How is that even possible? Oh trust me, it's not only possible, it's delicious too. I break this recipe out when I want to impress my friends with my culinary skills as though I actually have some. If I can do it, so can you. ;)
1 Whole Egg
3 Egg Yolks
3 Egg Whites
2 Large Lemons
1 tsp. Glucomannan or Xanthan Gum
2 TB Unsalted Butter
4TB Sweetener (Stevia/Erythritol mix)
* In a small pot mix together the whole egg, 2TB of sweetener, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
* Whisk over medium heat and keep whisking until it's warm.
* Add in the Gluccie or Xanthan gum 1/2 tsp at a time whisking quickly until thick then remove from heat.
* Stir in the two TB of butter until melted and then spoon the mixture into 3 ramekins and set them aside.
* Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place the yolks in a large bowl.
* Whip the egg whites until soft peaks have formed and then add in half a tablespoon of sweetener and continue blending until stiff.
* Add the rest of the sweetener (1 & 1/2TB) to the egg yolks as well as the zest and juice of the other lemon and stir well.
* Add two tablespoons of the egg whites to the yolk mixture and fold in.
* Add the rest of the beaten egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and fold them in gently.
* Spoon the egg mixture into the three ramekins as evenly as you can.
* Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes until the tops are just browning but obviously not burnt.
* Eat while still warm.
This coffee is all the rage lately and with good reason! The only problem is that it's made with milk & sugar normally which is a big no no for me. My bestie introduced me to this drink and of course I had to find a way to make it work on plan sooooo I did!
2 TB Instant Coffee
2TB Sweetener (Stevia/Erythritol mix)
2 TB Hot Water
Half & Half
* In a bowl blend the sweetener, instant coffee, and hot water for 2-3 minutes. You're going for a thick mousse consistency.
* Separate into two glasses and fill half of each glass with some ice then pour 3/4 of each glass with almond milk and top up with half and half.
* If you like it sweet add an extra dropper full of liquid stevia.
* Stir really well.
There's a restaurant in my city that I absolutely adore because they serve crepes and French toast with a mountain of fruit and an amazing English Cream sauce that is the most delicious thing ever. Unfortunately it's loaded with sugar and other junk so I wanted to create my own version. Here it is but full disclosure, it's really hard to resist.
1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
4 Egg Yolks
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Sweetener (Stevia/Erythritol mix)
* Heat the cream and vanilla in a pot until bubbles start to form on the sides (whisk regularly).
* While the cream is heating up separate the egg yolks and whisk with the sweetener until smooth.
* Remove the cream from the heat and grab 1/2 cup to add to the egg mixture.
* Pour the hot cream very slowly into the egg mixture whisking constantly.
* Once it's mixed well, slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot while whisking constantly.
* Put the mixture back onto the heat and whisk until the mixture coats the back of a spoon and thickens.
* Let cool before serving.
I love a good peanut butter cookie. I also love being thin though and eating sugary cookies is not conducive to weight loss. I wasn't a fan of the traditional sugar free peanut butter cookies because it just felt like I was eating a glob of peanut butter which is fine but not what I was looking for. Oatmeal was the missing key and these are delish! If you try them let me know what you think!
1 Cup of Peanut Butter
2/3 Cup of Gwen's Brown Sugar
1tsp. Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Oats
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda (optional)
(Optional) 1/4 cup stevia sweetened Chocolate Chips
* Preheat the oven to 350F.
* Combine oats and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
* In another bowl mix peanut butter, Gwen's brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.
* Add a little tsp of water and mix together.
* Mix in oat mixture (and chocolate chips if using) and combine well together.
* Roll into small balls and put on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
* Flatten them with a fork.
* Bake at 350F for 7-8 minutes until the edges are golden brown (they may look a little undercooked).
* Let them cool completely and refrigerate (if they make it that far...)
These fit nicely into an S if you're a Trim Healthy Mama (keep it to 2 cookies).
I lost 60lbs in a year doing THM! Grab my free guide My Top 5 Tips for Rocking the Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle!