There's a restaurant in my city that I absolutely adore because they serve crepes and French toast with a mountain of fruit and an amazing English Cream sauce that is the most delicious thing ever. Unfortunately it's loaded with sugar and other junk so I wanted to create my own version. Here it is but full disclosure, it's really hard to resist.
1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
4 Egg Yolks
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Sweetener (Stevia/Erythritol mix)
* Heat the cream and vanilla in a pot until bubbles start to form on the sides (whisk regularly).
* While the cream is heating up separate the egg yolks and whisk with the sweetener until smooth.
* Remove the cream from the heat and grab 1/2 cup to add to the egg mixture.
* Pour the hot cream very slowly into the egg mixture whisking constantly.
* Once it's mixed well, slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot while whisking constantly.
* Put the mixture back onto the heat and whisk until the mixture coats the back of a spoon and thickens.
* Let cool before serving.
This is an S if you're a Trim Healthy Mama.
I lost 60lbs in a year doing THM! Grab my free guide My Top 5 Tips for Rocking the Trim Healthy Mama Lifestyle!